Cushions are always a nice way to give your home some more colour and character. But besides the fact that these cushions are well designed, these are very eco-friendly! My Friend Yarn is a Stockholm based company, owned by mother and daughter Eva and Lisa Holst. In september 2011 they launched their first collection and since then they’re knitting and knitting. Because that’s how the cushions are made, all by hand! Lisa makes the illustrations and Eva knits with a powerhand machine. The yarn comes from a small, family run company in the Shetland Islands which has been trading in wool for already five generations. Because the wool is from local sources, it contains a low carbon footprint. Carbon footprint can be defined as; the total sets of greenhouse gas emissions caused by an organization, event, product or person. This is just how we like it; the love for wool which ends up in a beautiful design which is produced in fair way. Check out het collection of My Friend Yarn here.
As we told you before, our dream house has lots of windows. We would like to add another specific thing; wooden beams like the pictures above. These wooden beams just give your house a real authentic feeling.
Images: inspirefirst.com, stardusttoagency
Tree trunk DIY ideas
Images: Witanddelight.com, Homeanddelicious.com, Harvestagency.se
1. Nike Destroyer Jacket, available at Number9
2. 18 karat gold plated ring by 21DGRS, 199,90 euro Buy here
3. Chanel Rouge Allure, color 104 Passion, $34,- Buy here
4. Wooden sunglasses by Palo, 165 euro Buy here
5. Nike Roshe Run Woven Black
6. Feathers by Lola&Kate, available at Anna+Nina, Harvest and Company, Hutspot.
7. Sleeveless leather biker jacket by Maison Scotch, 299,95 euro Buy here
8. Loose fit tee by Zoe Karsson, 60 euro Buy here
9. Leather bag by Monsak, 110 euro Buy here
10. Teddy sweater by Anecdote, 159,95 euro Buy here
11. 36 Hours Asia & Oceania by The New York Times, 19,99 euro Buy here
12. Vitam e face moisturizer by (Malin+Goetz), $82,- Buy here
13. Copper plated candle holder by ByLassen, 168 euro Buy here
14. Feather cushion by By Nord, 87,50 euro Buy here
15. Kiss mug by Keith Brymer Jones, $10,- Buy here
16. Socks by Anecdote, 14,98 euro Buy here
17. Indigo Tucan Quilt by Malagoon, 119,95 euro Buy here
18. J77 chair by Hay, 156 euro Buy here
Wool X Natural colors
Winter is coming and slowly we’re changing our clothes to more warm ones. But winter may be dark, our clothes doesn’t have to be! With this nice creme/natural color scheme, winter doesn’t look like that terrible..! Choose for soft woolen materials like mohair or teddy and combine these feminine materials with leather.
Images: Char and the city, Creators of Desire, mnzstore.com, ohsosimple.se, Flexa
House of glass
These houses really belong to our dream houses.. High ceilings, lots of windows and therefor; lots of light! Because of all the windows and light, the space feels even more spacious. We keep on dreaming and hopefully dreams do come true :)
Images: Garance Dore, justthedesign, bloodandchampagne.com, Mechant Design